It is important to know that counselors work diligently to complete student schedules based on student course requests. However, there is no guarantee that students will be scheduled for all requested courses.
I want to request a schedule change, what do I do?
- If a student requested a class or elective, and wishes to change their schedule, that is not a legitimate reason for a change. Classes are made by the choices students made in the spring. Teachers are hired based on those choices.
- If you chose an AP course and want to drop it, it will most likely not happen.
- If you requested an AP course or any specific course and you were not scheduled for that class, please be aware the course was either not offered or not able to fit in your schedule.
- If you think you need a schedule change you will need to fill out a "Schedule Change Form". The form will be will be available at registration or click here.
- Please see below for "Legitimate Reasons for a Schedule Change."
- Schedule requests and changes are ONLY completed during the first two weeks of each semester.
- Classes that were scheduled that students did not request were based on availability in the student’s schedule.
IMPORTANT: Schedule changes are not processed because a student wants to change a class. Classes are only changed if the change is feasible. If you received a schedule change without requesting one, the change was made due to the student failing a class, the availability of the class or just balancing class sizes.
Legitimate reasons to request a schedule change:
- Because a student has already taken and passed the class
- Because the student is misplaced in a major class
- Because the student was placed in a class for which they have not taken/passed the prerequisite class OR
- Because the student failed a class and was given the same teacher again (only granted if possible)
- Because the student has an unscheduled period –(mainly for seniors)
Classes that were requested but were not scheduled can be reviewed but there is no guarantee the course can be scheduled. If you would like your schedule reviewed, please indicate “review” on your Schedule Change Form.